Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt,Related Articles
Can you have Mexican food night on the DASH Diet? You sure can! The beans in this quesadilla are a great source of filling lean protein and dietary fiber. Corn tortillas are also a great fiber-full whole grain choice. The cilantro yogurt dip adds more flavor, protein, and calcium without adding excess calories. This meal is a great way to follow the DASH diet guidelines.
- 1 cup beans, black or pinto
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
Advertisement Watch How Mark Lowered His Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 150/100, this morning it was 110/79 Learn More…
Cilantro Yogurt Dip:
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ of a lime
1. Preheat large skillet over low heat.
2. Line up 3 tortillas. Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots, and peppers between the tortillas.
3. Cover each with a second tortilla.
4. Place a tortilla in a dry skillet and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden about 3 minutes.
5. Flip and cook the other side until golden, about 1 minute.
6. In a small bowl mix together the nonfat yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges (12 wedges total) and serve 3 wedges per person with about ¼ cup of the dip.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…