Chinese food is at the top of my list of favorite foods. The problem is that in most all you can eat Chinese buffets, the high sodium content along with the deep fried foods ruins the heart healthy aspect.
So here is a recipe for “Chicken Fried Rice” that you can make at home and feel good about eating. Ensure that you use low sodium soy sauce. If you can get an organic soy sauce, most soy products come from GMO soybeans, that is even better.
To add a little appetizer consider serving a delicious hot and sour miso soup.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Divided 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce 2 to 3 tsp.
- Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Toppings: sliced green onions, chopped toasted almonds
Advertisement Watch how Julie Lowered her Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 170/110, this morning it was 120/80 Learn More…
How to Make It
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute; add eggs, and cook, gently stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until softly scrambled. Remove eggs from skillet; chop.
2. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet; add onion, bell pepper, and green beans, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Add chicken, and stir-fry 2 minutes.
4. Add rice, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Stir in scrambled eggs; sprinkle with desired toppings.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…