So you have decided to lose weight to help decrease your high blood pressure. But you don’t want to feel deprived or constantly hungry. Try this amazing recipe at only 500 calories per serving and you’ll feel like your cheating and losing weight at the same time.
Speaking of losing weight, this is week 3 and I continue to lose weight. We have now lost 4.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Still a bunch to go but each week the scale is giving a sigh of relief.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 wholemeal pita pockets
- Handful of lettuce or spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- ½ cucumber, sliced thinly
- 20g good quality feta
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
Advertisement Watch How Mark Lowered His Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 150/100, this morning it was 110/79 Learn More…
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sprinkle oregano & thyme
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sprinkle smoke paprika
- Sprinkle a little chilli powder – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a ziplock bag or a container place your marinade. Cut your chicken breast into chunks and place into your marinade. If using a ziplock bag –zip it up and massage the marinade into the chicken until all coated. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer if you like.
- When ready heat a griddle pan or your BBQ. Skewer your chicken onto 4 metal skewers (2 per person) and place onto grill. Depending on the thickness of your meat cook for a few minutes turning. Take off the grill and rest onto a plate with some foil.
- Meanwhile set up your pita pockets onto a plate with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and feta. Place 2 skewers on top of each pita and drizzle with Greek yogurt.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…