Asian Salmon & Sweet Potato Tray-Bake,Related Articles
This cold-water fish is a great source of protein and is also packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. The American Heart Association advises eating salmon and other omega-3 rich foods twice a week for benefits that go beyond heart health.
Salmon can be prepared many different way. Baked or broiled and my favorite way to cook salmon is to grill it. Season it with Cajun spices and grill it for an amazing taste. Also don’t forget to serve this with a nice tossed green salad with red onions.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 2.5 cm or 1″ piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 ml or 3/4 cup organic vegetable stock
- 150 ml or 3/4 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 6-8 lime leaves or 1 lime
- 1 long red chili
- 4 x 150 g salmon fillets, from sustainable sources
- soy sauce , optional.
Advertisement Watch how Julie Lowered her Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 170/110, this morning it was 120/80 Learn More…
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 374 F.
2. Scrub the sweet potato clean, then slice into thin rounds. Arrange the slices, overlapping, in a large roasting tin.
3. Bruise the lemongrass, then finely chop the tender parts. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Peel and finely slice the chili.
4. Mix the sesame oil, stock, coconut milk and two-thirds each of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic. Pour over the potatoes, tuck in the lime leaves (or squeeze the juice on top and scatter over the zest) and sprinkle with the chili.
5. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. About 8 to 10 minutes before the cooking time is up, sit the fish on the potatoes and top with the rest of the lemongrass, ginger and garlic.
6. When the fish is just cooked, drizzle with soy sauce, if you like. Delicious served with green beans and mangetout.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…