Heart Healthy Taco Salad,Related Articles
Of all the food possibilities there are to eat, taco salad happens to be one of my favorites. From the seasoned meat, to the crunchiness of the taco, It is just a delight to eat. But like many restaurant foods, there is an abundance of salt, sugar, and fat.
So this week I wanted to find a heart healthy version of one of may favorites and here it is. With less sodium and fat this is a meal you can enjoy without the guilt.
- 4 large spinach tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- 1 can No Salt Added Rotel
- 4 loose cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 can no salt added corn
- Homemade refried beans
- Homemade guacamole
- Homemade salsa
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese for topping, optional
- Low fat sour cream for topping, optional
- Tortilla strips for topping, optional
Advertisement Watch How Mark Lowered His Blood Pressure Naturally. It was 150/100, this morning it was 110/79 Learn More…
1. Over medium heat on the stove top, cook ground turkey until done, about 10 minutes, reduce heat to lowest setting.
2. Add the can of Rotel with the juice and the seasoning mix in with the turkey, and stir; allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. While your turkey is cooking, prepare your tortilla boats. Turn over a 12-cup muffin tin, place each tortilla between 4 of the cups, then press down to create “bowls”. Cook at 375ºF for 10 minutes.
4. Place bowls on a plate, layer 1 cup of spinach in each, top with ground turkey, beans, corn, guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
We collected dozens of great heart healthy recipes for you – Here they are…